The Northern Miner Group provides essential data, analysis and training solutions that enable companies in the mining industry to innovate and prosper in fast-changing global markets. Costmine (Infomine USA Inc.) forms one part of The Northern Miner Group and we publish Mining Cost Service and other cost estimating manuals and software. We are located in Spokane Valley, Washington.
Mining Cost Service was developed in 1983 and has been providing a wide range of clients with cost estimating data and services.
Costmine is working on several new initiatives that will be expanding the business. From our new Total Cost of Ownership app to the ESG scoring program, we will be providing interesting and exciting new projects in addition to our current publications and consulting work. We are looking for a full-time Cost Estimator to join our team.
The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Be a part of our team of geologists, engineers, and professional staff to maintain and improve our business
- Cost estimating for Mining Cost Service and the Equipment Cost Calculator and consulting projects
- Working with the Mining Cost Service Indexes and initiating a data collection program outside of North America
- Work with the contractor(s) to move the Sherpa for Mineral Processing, Sherpa for Underground Mines to cloud-based applications – provide testing, updating and improvements as needed
- Provide articles as a form of advertising to Canadian Mining Journal and other publications.
- Work with clients to answer questions and provide support for cost estimating activities.
- Build cost models and provide mine plans for NI 43-101 style consulting projects and increase the consulting arm of the business.
- Utilize your Microsoft Office skills to develop spreadsheets, reports and PowerPoints as needed for our publications and consulting.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Geology, Mining Engineering, or related field
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience of combined mining industry experience
- Qualified person (QP) for open pit and/or underground mining studies
- Familiarity with mine planning software and geostatistical software
- Knowledge of industry standards in mineral resource and mineral reserve estimation (such as SME guidelines, NI 43-101 or JORC).
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills in the management of technical people and advanced projects
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
Must have authorization to work lawfully in the USA
Health insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement plan, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: info[at]costmine[dot]com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.