Responsible to the Director of Sales for growing, developing, and maintaining print and digital advertising sales to national advertising clients.
- Makes regular sales calls on customers and prospective customers and provides service to customers as required.
- Builds proposals for clients for effective multi-media plans with a focus on ROI and audience engagement.
- Makes sales presentations to groups, such as advertising agencies, industry and dealer associations and others.
- Maintains sales records and contact profiles in the company’s CRM system
- Provides sales reports and forecasts for assigned book of business.
- Makes recommendations for new products based on industry needs and trends.
- Regular travel to existing and new customers throughout assigned territory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A University degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Commerce preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, preferably in the advertising sales field.
- Some farm-related background or experience is helpful.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relations with advertising customers and advertising agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form. Has an innate curiosity to meet people.
- Ability to plan and organize work program with established policies and schedules.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Experience with social media and is digitally savvy.
- Naviga or other CRM database experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work extensively with both internal and external customers in a courteous and timely manner.
It is expected that this person in this position will travel throughout Canada and the US to meet clients and attend conferences on the company’s behalf. The ability to air travel and have a valid passport is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to: hr[at]producer[dot]com, or submit via job posting. If sending direct, you must include the job title in the subject line, applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter and salary expectations no later than July 31, 2022.
Glacier FarmMedia is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us