Castanet News is one of the most-read news sites in Canada, with an audience of over 600,000 unique visitors a week and 10 million page views. As a growing organization and pioneer in digital news, opportunities for advancement are available throughout Castanet’s network.
Castanet has an immediate opening for a video journalist in the beautiful Okanagan Valley city of Vernon, B.C.
We are seeking a reporter with experience or ability to learn video or broadcast journalism. The successful candidate will receive a $1,500 signing bonus.
You will produce daily video content and written stories that reflect life in the BC Interior. The community of Vernon is world-renowned for its access to the outdoors, nestled between three lakes, and less than 30 minutes from Silver Star Ski Resort.
You will be the face of Castanet in Vernon through your video journalism and will helm coverage of city council. You will be motivated and self-starting with the ability to work unsupervised at times. Your work week will run Sunday to Thursday.
- Ability to produce multiple tightly written, informative stories a day
- Comfortable reporting in both video and print formats
- Connected to the community with a knowledge of current issues and a network of contacts in the BC Interior
- Great writing ability and videography skills
- Must be social media and computer savvy
- Valid driver's licence and vehicle
- Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the BC Interior.
- Training will be provided.
- Previous experience with video editing software is an asset.
If interested, send a demo and resume with the subject line "Vernon application" to: colin[at]castanet[dot]net
Castanet is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.